Passover CHALLENGE 2

10plagues of Israel

Pretend you were alive at this time in history. You can be anyone you wish: an Israelite, an Egyptian or even the Pharoah himself.
Write a diary entry about one of the plagues of your choice.

9 thoughts on “Passover CHALLENGE 2

1. Lyudmil

Dear Diary,

You wouldn’t believe what had happened today. There I was minding my own business when Moses demanded for the Isrealite’s freedom. I told him,” You’ll demand nothing!”. Then he left. But the next day, I saw my child. He was dead on the ground with a big cut through the torso. I didn’t want eneything else to happen to my kingdom so I had no choice but to let Moses and his people go. I’ll get my revenge.

2. 15dawid

As I exited the village, I went North to get the water from the River Nile. My skin was burning but I had to bring the water for the children. People from different parts of Egypt joined me and we both treaded there. We arrived yet the river was full of blood. Everyone started screaming and running away. The whole journey was a waste. I then heared the news about Moses. It was his fault. He was trying to kill my children. He will pay for it!

3. 15robbie

Evening Mr Ruddy,

I really enjoyed the animation of the 10 plagues-the story of Moses-it was great. It was great as well because it had Egyptians in it and I’ve been to Egypt 2 times it’s good there you should go there some time maybe in summer, but be careful because if you go to Cairo it’s really really hot.

1. jruddy Post author

Hi Robbie,
      Great! I’m glad you enjoyed the animation. And thanks for the holiday advice! I’ll bring my sun lotion definitely when I go to Cairo!
      Which of the plagues did you find most horrifying? Try writing a short diary about it. Show how awful it must have been.
      Mr. Ruddy

4. 15adam

Dear Diary,

I have just sat down for dinner to have a terrible wind strike my house. It was terrible I came out of it unscathed, but my son, oh my beautiful son, my only child has been taken by the wind. He just lies on the bed he was in still and unmoving. I have to go and plead with Pharoah, to let Moses’ people go before he does any more damage to us.

5. Kian

Dear Diary,

It is now the ninth horrific day of the ten plagues and this terrible plague is darkness. I am not even sure if I am writing what I think I’m writing. I’m so scared and I don’t know what to do. I can’t go outside because the smell of the dead animals will choke me. I dread to think what will happen next.

Bye Diary

6. 15sinead

Good evening Mr Ruddy,

You wouldn’t believe it. Moses told me that God is getting more angry, because Pharaoh wouldn’t set the israelites free. Also he said that is going to do the last dangerous plague – the tenth plague.
    The angle of death will come at night over all peoples houses and kill every first born male. Moses told us instructions to do and we did it!
    We made unleavened bread and packed our stuff, put goat blood on our door, because that what god said to Moses. Not for the angle of death to kill their children. Also we had to pack because Moses said he will set us free.
    It was midnight. We was all prepared. The only thing we had to do was to, sit down and wait. The angle of death was here i could hear it coming closer and closer. I knew God would cover us in the blood of jesus. Everything changed……..

7. julian

Dear Diary,

Today was a horrendous day, the Pharoahs baby boy had been killed . Wasn’t the blood sea and other disasters enough? The Pharoah will kill us because all of this happened under our noses. But on the other hand he deserved it because he always told us what to do! Is he my mum or something?

Moses and the Isrealites were led to freedom which should include me don’t you think? Also Moses was talking about taking every one to the promised land. You never know I might sneak out with him so I could be spared. But if I got caught I would be exucuted or maybe hanged but even worse stoned to death!

Bye Diary

8. George

HI MR RUDDY. NICE ANIMATION ON THE TEN PLAGUES. JUDGING BY YOUR DRAWING SKILLS, I CAN TELL THAT YOU DEFINITELY DID NOT DRAW THEM. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON